Loathe though they may be to admit it, Tayto didn’t in fact create the concept of savoury and sweet (how’yeh the Chinese) and the brand’s foray into cheese-n-onion chocolate recently wasn’t particularly amazing.
Ok, I’ll have to insert a caveat here before we go any further: I much prefer crisps to chocolate anyway so would have opted for a giant bag of potoato chips to chow down on in any case. (Hi my spreading arse, how are you? Yeah I’m grand too)
So, I decided we could, in Frillseeker fashion, improve on its recipe. All you’ll need will be some packages ‘o crips, some good quality chocolate and some BEER! Yes, I said beer.
You’ll also require one of these: it’s the shot glass mould by Sagaform, £4.99, from www.thekitchengiftco.com. “Serve a shot of your favourite tipple in icy style with this innovative shot glass mould by Sagaform,” sez the blurb. “Perfect for any celebration – simply fill with water, add a few herbs or berries, freeze and then serve to your guests… a great way to get the party started!”
Herbs and berries? Oh I think not. So here’s what we’re gonna do.
- Melt your chocolate and add your crisps – nice big chunks I reckon for full flavour impact
- Pour into pre-oiled moulds to create your saucy crisp ‘n’ chocolate shot glasses of extreme gourmet delight
- Allow to cool a little before putting in the fridge
- When they’re set, remove from the moulds, admire your handiwork and Tweet and Facebook the hell out of them
- Now crack open a beer
- Drink the heavenly nectar from your Tayto shot glasses until sated
- Now eat, and savour your extreme skills
- Do not, under any circumstances, ask anyone else to come over and do this with you. This is a party for one, or at best, two.
Right, who’s up for it?