Pic credit: Holly McGlynn
Balenciaga sparked the trend with its now much-copied cut out ankle boot but it was Jeffrey Campbell who brought it to the masses with the more affordable Coltrane. Compare €950 and change for Balenciaga’s version with the Coltrane’s in-and-around €170 price tag, and it’s looking a lil’ more affordable.
Angela Scanlon, currently styling up a storm in the UK, is a big fan of the shoe. She’s been style snapped in hers, from Folkster.com, in Vogue UK, Elle Japan as well as UK and French Grazia. Best foot forward or what, eh?
And cut outs are showing no sign of going anywhere for the season to come. Here are six you can snap up now and over the next month or so.
So which’ll you pick?
- Ok, I kind of put these in for a bit of a laugh. These – wait for it – flatform sandal boots are the Aluna in metallic red pleather and can be yours for €59.65 from ASOS.
- Zara’s ladylike take on the trend for Autumn cost €89.95, and yes, they are leather.
- Head to Nasty Gal for these swish-lookin’ mint leather Qimat Booties by Senso. They’re $218. Spendy, uhuh.
- Bag your Jeffrey Campbell Coltranes on Folkster.com for €169. These patent versions are a nice riff on the originals too.
- Good old Penneys. No need to spend more than €22 when these babies hit shelves in August.
- High heel fans will go for H&M’s aubergine leather shoe boots with cut out toe and side panel detail. The damage? €79.99.
Let me know your favourite in a comment, or are you really not feeling the trend at all?