The undisputed leader of the flats pack is blogger Hannah whose sartorial shoe musings can be found here. She pulls no punches when it comes to high heel hating and favours flat every time for every occasion. Now I won’t be swearing off the inches completely but EnBrogue is definitely giving me lots of alternatives to lust after. Sensible shoes can be stylish too. Hurrah!
- First up are these calfskin, suede and patent leather lovelies from the new Clarks autumn/winter collection, above. I know, Clarks, who’d have thunk it eh? We’re guessing they won’t be out until September when all the new designs drop but we suggest keeping your peepers peeled because these are sure to be a sell-out. And if you spy ‘em before we do holler at us.
- Flat doesn’t have to mean sensible as this sophisticated style from Zara proves. Leaning heavily on a Valentino aesthetic but for a more affordable €69.95, the rose gold colour and diamante detailing make these the perfect alternative to stilettoes for a night on the town.
- Slippers are everywhere and next season they ain’t going anywhere. You don’t have to splash the cash to buy into the trend with this fabric pair from Topshop that cost €43.
- This new take on camouflage is by the kids behind the brand Pretty Ballerina. They recently turned their hand to a cooler alternative to the ballet pump and launched Pretty Loafer that will appeal to all the androgyny lovers out there. Splurge on these slippers for €149.
- Jemima Vine‘s feminine flats are an insider secret and are the go-to of fashion industry and creative types. These babies ain’t cheap but what you shell out in cash you’ll get back in kudos. We love these neon trim slippers and plan on wearing them with boyfriend jeans and a pastel winter knit. Save up €184 or whack them on the credit card, your choice!