Forget Cara and Lily: that’s old news. I’m browsing a new type of inspo for the hairy bits above my eyes and Eva Mendes is who I’m looking at for her incredible curves. Curves of her brows, like.
Also, I do kind of wonder this: if I had eyebrows like hers and Ryan Gosling happened to, you know, run across me in the street, would he immediately fall for me because of them? No? Oh.
Oh well, a girl can dream, and use these products to have her brows looking awesome just in case.
- Maybelline Brow Drama Brow Mascara, €7.69, looks weird. I’ll give you that, but this little feller is particularly good if you’ve bushy, uncontrollable hair in by the nose. The rounded tip makes it really easy to groom and apply product to this area, though it’s not quite so easy to use it further down as the brow tapers off.
- I will not be without one (or three) of these. Tweezerman tweezers are not cheap at about €25.50 a pair but they are worth it. I’d recommend a pro-shape in salon (threading’s my poison) and then I judiciously pluck to keep them in shape.
- Pencils are great for a quick fix: L’Oréal Paris Super Liner Brow Artist, €8.45, is a good price and comes in a couple of different shades, so you can choose one to fit. Fill and shape brows with the pencil and comb and fix with the brow wax, handily located in the base.
- Clinique Instant Lift for Brows, €19, is such a simple product to use. Again, available in a couple of shades, it has a soft brow-filler shade on one end but this one comes with an under-brow illuminator too.
- Choose your shade of Shiseido Eyebrow Styling Compact, €30. This is an excellent little piece of kit with a decent mirror in the lid.
- I really love the Urban Decay Brow Box, €25: it’s got everything – mirror, two shadow shades, a wax plus two brushes and a dotey little tweezers in a compartment in the base. Aww.