Both Essie and Maybelline knocked it ourra de park this Christmas with Luxeffects and Colour Show Brocades, respectively. Either will provide an instant nail update with sequins, twinkles and a lot more besides. Wear on all ten talons, pick out one finger per hand or choose to use on the tips alone – the choice is yours.
But c’mon. It’s Christmas. We want more. And then some more after that, eh? No worries. Here are seven sparkly shades I wouldn’t throw out of bed for scratching me in my sleep.
- Rimmel’s Space Dust in Moon Walking is a sand effect polish with glitter in the mix. The result is a textured matte-meets-sequinned finish.
- Gem Crush from Sally Hansen comes in a ton of shades: this one is an ace golden-silver and is called Big Money. Love it.
- Inky Six from Butter London is a gorgeous midnight twinkler. Great if you like deep lacquer colours and the silver sparkles keep it bright.
- The price of Catrice’s Ultimate Nail Lacquer in Kitsch Me If You Can belies the fact that it’s great. Use solo or as a topcoat, a couple of coats looks awesome. Plus, there’s a gold version too. Yay!
- Another Sally Hansen Gem Crush, this one in Cha-ching. Such a great shade and a nice update if you’re a regular red gal.
- Silver holo’s gonna be a winner for NYE, right? Check Models Own Blizzard Wonderland out so.
- Pricey, but Bloomsbury Square from Nails Inc is a bit special. With what they call 3D glitter bits in there, the shade is great and there are lots of vari-sized glitters in the mix to add to the multidimensional effect as well.
What’s your favourite glittery go-to? Drop a comment and let us know!