Phew. I, for one, am glad Urban Decay’s doing a little something something different for its next trick. A 1st April launch for €45, this bright and bold little feller is the Electric Pressed Pigment Palette. It’s for you if shocking shades are your thing, smooth, velvet textures are your bag and you want ’em in a mix of matte and shimmer. Here be shades:
- REVOLT – bright metallic silver shimmer with silver glitter
- GONZO – bright turquoise matte with floating tonal pearl
- SLOWBURN – bright red-orange matte with floating pearl
- SAVAGE – bright hot pink matte
- FRINGE – bright metallic teal
- CHAOS – bright blue matte with floating tonal pearl
- JILTED – bright metallic fuchsia with blue shift
- URBAN – bright metallic purple
- FREAK – bright green with gold shift
- THRASH – bright lime green matte with floating gold pearl
But there’s more. Oh yes. Lots more en route, as it happens.
Heavy Metal Loose Glitter, €14 each, comes in six shades:
- ACDC – bright purple glitter
- CATFIGHT – pink glitter
- GOLDMINE – yellow-gold glitter
- LOADED – bright, deep green glitter
- PYROTECHNICS – iridescent glitter
- REVERB – bright, deep blue glitter
Have to say, my heart skipped a beat. I LOVE glitter. My magpie innards (and outers) just go wild for it. To glue it in place there’s a clear Fyrinnae Pixy Epoxy-style product called Bondage Weightless Makeup Adhesive. With “a light, thin feel, [it] doesn’t get sticky or gummy after dry-down like some makeup adhesives can.” No price on this one as of yet.
Last up for spring is a ton of new liner options. Like the angled, cruelty-free Perversion brush, €15, left, which goes with the all-new and improved Super-Saturated Eyeliner, €22, right. There’s also a twist-up All Nighter Eyeliner, €20, and a 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil, €20.
So, what’ll you spring for?