The girl who featured in that Opium advert has long gone … or has she?
To say that Sophie Dahl has changed a bit since first raising to fame back in the 90s as a plus-sized super model would be somewhat of an understatement. Now a published author, mother and wife, you’d be forgiven for thinking the girl who featured in that Opium advert has long gone … or has she?
Judging by the latest Style magazine front cover, Sophie hasn’t lost her edge and is still able to rock a sultry eye like a pro – even if it’s only from the neck up.
Want to copy-cat her gorgeous front cover look? Here are some top tips and a few pit falls to watch out for:
Dos and Don’ts
- DO: Use a matte foundation or mattifying primer – this will draw the attention to eyes allowing all the focus to be on the metallic shimmer.
- DON’T: Skip concealer – this type of eye shadow shade can pick up bluish undertones so be sure to choose a light reflective concealer with decent coverage to blur imperfections and banish dark circles.
- DO: Tailor the look to suit your own eyes – Sophie is famous for having huge peepers so she can take a dramatic look like this. If you’re worried about your eyes looking small, try adding a touch of white at the inner corners or alternatively, keep black liner on top lashes only.
- DON’T: Go too pale with your lip colour – flesh-toned lips were all the rage a few years ago, but the more modern way of complimenting a dramatic eye is with a lippy the same shade as your own lip tone.
5 Key Products to try:
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Foundation (5)
- Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer (4)
- Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Color in Lapis (2)
- Clinique Quick Liner in Really Black (3)
- Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in Drive me Nude (1)