Festival season’s officially here, meaning we can get creative with our makeup without feeling like a weirdo, yay! There’s something about sunshine, fields and loud music that gives us a free pass to channel our inner rock star regardless of whether we’re on stage or not.
This year neon shades are big news, so here are some of my top tips for rocking the brightest of the bright:
5 ways to get the knack of neons:
- Mix flashes of neon with white or black liner to give contrast and added definition to eyes.
- Create an ombre lip effect using neon orange and pink lipsticks for a pop of colour while you’re wearing sunnies during the daytime.
- Don’t want to commit to a full on block colour look? Try using neon as a graphic liner effect instead.
- Create a dappled, paint splatter-effect using a brush dipped into wet eye shadow or neon paint, then lightly flicked across temples and top of cheekbones.
- Add a punch of colour on hands with neon nails.
Key Products to try:
- Sleek I-Divine Acid palette
- Lime Crime Candy Future Lipsticks
- Star Gazer UV Neon Paints
- American Apparel Neon Nail polishes collection