Red lips are set to be one of Spring’s biggest trends and Naomi Watts gave us a great example of how to wear it well at the Golden Globes this week teaming it with loose waves and a vibrant yellow Gucci dress.
Love the look? Here’s how to inject your make-up with a little modern, red carpet glam, Naomi Watts-style:
- For glowing skin like Naomi’s, start with an illuminating base such as Shiseido Radiant Lift Foundation to even out skin imperfections and then set with a dusting of powder.
- Switch out shimmer highlighter, lightly sculpting cheekbones using a matte contour kit instead for a more contemporary feel. My favourite is Smashbox, but Seventeen’s Define and Contour kit is a great budget buy.
- Keep the look clean by dusting a nude, semi-pearlised shadow over lids, like Wet n Wild Color Icon mono in Nutty.
- Define brows, then concentrate on giving eyes definition with a thickening mascara like YSL Babydoll rather than too much liner or eyeshadow.
- Let your lip colour do all the talking with a pop of rich red. Looking to invest?Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in Carnal is a must-have. Alternatively, a purse friendly buy would be the new NYC Liquid Lipstain in Get Noticed.
Got a fave Globes beauty look? Let us know below!