I always try to keep my eyes peeled for new innovations
We all have our own selection of tried and tested, go-to products when it comes to makeup, but sometimes it’s good to change things up and add something new to the mix. As a confirmed beauty geek I always try to keep my eyes peeled for new innovations and technology in the cosmetic industry and this week I’m looking some recently discovered beauty launches that have caught my eye:
1) Stila Magnificent Metals eyeliner in Black Tanzanite: Add drama to eyes with a little sparkle come night fall using this glistening aubergine liner that can double up as an eye shadow as well. Build from a moody deep shade to more intense, layered, glittering purple by patting on colour with fingers or a flat brush for a full on effect.
2) Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher: Is it basically YSL Touche Eclat? Well, sort of and then again, not really. It’s more of a liquid concealer that is also an illuminator meaning brightens skin (so can be used to highlight) but the formula is more opaque so can successfully cover dark circles, blemishes and redness too which makes it more useful in my book.
3) Hourglass Modernist eye palette in Obscura: Described as an ‘Artist Inspired’ palette, this gorgeous offering from Hourglass really is a great investment for anyone who loves neutral shades. The mix of metallic and matte shadows are seamlessly placed together allowing for an endless amount of combinations meaning you can keep it natural or go full on smokey whenever you like.
4) NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation: Anyone who knows me knows I love NARS make-up and I squeaked with glee when this new foundation was launched. Good coverage without a heavy feeling is something so many of us want from our makeup; this delivers on that front – plus it’s suitable for most skin tones and types too making it more versatile than your average oil-free foundation.
5) Lipstick Queen Bête Noire in Possessed Sheer: Inspired by silent movie stars and 1920s iconic beauty the Bête Noire collection by Lipstick Queen has three lipsticks, one a deep metallic, another an opaque black cherry shade; but I love the Possessed Sheer which (as the name suggests) gives lips a rich wash of dark, berry colour that is sexy and flattering rather than too harsh.