It would seem that winter has made a repeat appearance this week, and just when we thought that Spring was on the way too! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind a bit of snow at Christmas but this rain/sleet/wind? No thanks. It’s not just because it’s freezing out there, the fluctuating weather plays havoc with both skin and beauty routines too.
In saying that, this week’s column was inspired by Frillseeker’s editor Kirstie who asked me to round up some of my favourite moisturising foundations.
I’ve chosen five that are particularly hydrating for winter skin so your makeup can stay in place for a luminous complexion that lasts all day.
- Chantecaille Future Skin: When I think of hydrating foundations this is the one that comes to mind first. Packed full of water and minerals including seaweed (a water retaining ingredient) the gel based formula feels light and fresh to wear and gives a beautiful, healthy glow to skin whether applied using fingers or a brush.
- Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation: Dry and extra dry complexions will love this award winning foundation that gives a medium coverage base without going flaky or creasing throughout the day. Dot on areas such as nose and cheeks if you want a natural finish or apply with a brush for a higher coverage, more polished feel.
- Mac Face and Body: It might not be everyone’s go-to winter makeup, but this water-based foundation really is versatile, building from sheer to medium coverage, as you need it. The formula is water-resistant too so will stay on even through rainy days. For best results apply with fingers, working the product in with circular motions until it changes consistency from watery to more creamy.
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer and Foundation: If you’re on the hunt for makeup that gives you dewy, firm, plump, radiant looking skin then this foundation might just be the holy grail. La Prairie’s Skin Caviar really is as luxurious as it sounds, delivering hydration, vitamins and a flawless finish. The only down side, might be the price…
- L’Occitane Immortelle BB Cream: The perfect choice for anyone looking for something to transition into the spring. The lightweight formula is infused with Immortelle serum to brighten and rejuvenate skin while added SPF30 protects against future sun damage. Unlike a lot of BB Creams there’s a decent coverage to this which means it can work well during the day or evening.